Emergency lighting is crucial for situations where visibility inside the building is compromised such as when there is a fire or the mains power supply is cut and the regular lighting fails. In these circumstances, occupants can often panic which affects their ability to think clearly and make their way safely out of the property.
At Essential Group, our experienced team of experts are equipped to deliver effective emergency lighting systems in Essex for buildings and businesses across all sectors and of all types and size from residential, commercial and industrial properties to public body premises.
Does Your Building Need Emergency Lighting?
Under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, emergency lighting is a legal requirement in almost all types of buildings except for private residential dwellings. The guides for compliance recommend that in the event that lighting fails or there is a fire, that emergency routes and exits are illuminated with adequate intensity to ensure that people within the premises can safely evacuate.
The types of properties that are required to have emergency lighting in place include;
- Public areas of flats
- Schools / colleges / universities
- Leisure centres
- Places of worship
- Licensed premises
Failure to ensure adequate emergency lighting can have severe consequences for everyone involved including fines, prosecution and even prison sentences for those responsible.
The Benefits of Emergency Lighting
A power cut or breakdown in the mains supply can be extremely inconvenient but more importantly it can be very dangerous and depending on the type of building, can put the safety of tens, hundreds or even thousands of people at risk.
Emergency lighting installation can provide those who own, manage or are in charge of a business or property with many advantages such as;
- Helps to ensure the safety of occupants, residents or employees by helping to guide them to safety.
- Is useful in places that suffer from regular power outages to keep some areas illuminated.
- Provides much needed light for people working in high-risk environments such as those with tools or machines, giving them sufficient lighting to safely put down, switch off or stop what they are doing.
- The latest systems are extremely efficient with longer lifespans meaning that they rarely need replacing.
- In times where losing the lights is the last thing you need; it can help to maintain productivity in places where work can continue safely.
- In the event of fire and reduced visibility, it will light the way and guide people safely to the exits.
Contact The Emergency Lighting Specialists Today
At Essential Group, we take safety seriously and do everything we can to provide all of our customers with unrivalled results that deliver on effectiveness, compliance and price.
From the start our dedicated team will work with you to fully understand your requirements and discuss the design with you at every step to ensure that you are happy with the plans before installation. During the fitting process our engineers work cleanly and diligently to complete each task in a way that causes as little disruption to the buildings occupants as possible. Once the project is complete, we also provide follow up servicing and maintenance to ensure that your system remains compliant and in top working order.